Getting The Resources You Need After An Injury
Do you wonder whether you should talk to an attorney about your accidental injury? The fact that you are asking the question means the answer is yes.
Many people hesitate to contact a lawyer right away. Their focus is naturally on medical treatment and general recovery after a crash or fall accident. Some believe they can communicate with insurance companies directly without getting a lawyer involved. For a relatively small case, this may be an option. If you feel an insurance company is not treating you fairly, you can file a complaint with the state of Wisconsin, and if your claim is less than $5,000, you can sue the insurance company yourself in a small claims court.
In fact, however, most people quickly discover that there is much stress and uncertainty in the pursuit of compensation without an experienced lawyer leading the way.
Advantages Of Early Legal Counsel
Having an attorney on your side as early as possible is one of the most effective ways to maximize your recovery. Advantages of getting timely legal counsel after an accident include the following:
- Many doctors, hospitals and other medical professionals will provide services without pressuring the injured person about payments when an attorney helps them understand that a settlement or verdict is likely coming.
- Your attorney can gather fresh evidence to prove that another driver was at fault, for example.
- An efficient law firm can take over the tedious organization of paperwork and communications with health care providers, insurers and other professionals involved in resolving a case. You and your family can focus on your physical recovery while your lawyer handles legal matters behind the scenes.
- With a trial lawyer guiding the process, legal opponents like insurance claims adjusters are on notice that unless they pay out a fair settlement, the case may go before a judge and jury – and become much more expensive.
A Local Law Firm Here For You After An Accident
Hammett, Bellin & Oswald, LLC, is a valuable resource for injured Wisconsinites and their families who have experienced injuries or loss of loved ones because of:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including boating accidents, golf cart accidents and injuries on public transportation
- Explosions and fires at work sites, at home and in public places
- Slip-and-fall accidents and other accidents on dangerous premises, including assaults in parking garages and retail parking lots with inadequate security
- Dog bites and other animal-related injuries
If you have suffered a serious personal injury or have lost a loved one in a fatal accident, you may feel overwhelmed by the medical, emotional and financial burdens you face. Our Wisconsin personal injury firm takes on legal and financial burdens for our clients, helping them find the resources they need to heal and recover the compensation they deserve for their losses.
How To Choose Your Personal Injury Attorney
As you decide whom to turn to after an accidental injury, remember that we are here because of our commitment to our community. Beware of law firms outside the area that would not have the personal contact we can have with you, which may strengthen your case significantly.
We have been successful recovering compensation for clients and families in injury and wrongful death cases even after other attorneys and law firms have told the clients and families that they did not have a case.
In straightforward personal injury cases, we work efficiently with the insurance companies to negotiate a fair settlement as quickly as possible. In more complex cases involving catastrophic injuries or wrongful death, we negotiate with medical providers, establish special needs trusts and explore every possible avenue to ensure that our clients recover the maximum possible financial compensation. We prepare every case as if for trial, and therefore, only sometimes need to take a case before a judge.
Do you know if your insurance company will treat you fairly after an accident claim? What future medical expenses should be covered under a personal injury claim? Which insurance companies are financially responsible for your loss? We are ready to dig in for the answers you need. We are solely dedicated to advocating for the injured. We do not ever represent insurance companies against injured people.
Get In Touch With Us Without Hesitation
We serve clients throughout the Fox River Valley and northeastern Wisconsin. We charge no attorneys’ fees in personal injury cases until our clients collect compensation. To reach us at your convenience, complete our easy online inquiry form or call 920-202-8872 or toll-free at 866-720-0009. Initial consultations are free. If we represent you, you will not owe us attorneys’ fees until we recover compensation for you.
Helpful Information After An Accidental Injury
For a discussion about how insurance laws change and how that could affect your case, see this short video: