Amy L. Menzel
- Criminal Defense 40%
- Juvenile Law 15%
- Personal Injury 25%
- Family Law 20%
An efficacious attorney known for defending her clients through all obstacles, Amy L. Menzel is a partner at Hammett, Bellin & Oswald, LLC, in Neenah, Wisconsin, and focuses her practice primarily on criminal law, where she represents those accused of both felonies and misdemeanors in state and federal court. Additionally, she also handles legal matters pertaining to personal injury, family law and juvenile law.
Ms. Menzel is truly a consummate professional, thinking about every step before taking action. This methodical approach has yielded positive results for her clients, and her compassion and cooperative skills allow her to work with the other side to reduce the burden on her clients. For her generous client contributions, she holds an impressive “Superb” rating on Avvo and has been featured in the Top 40 Under 40 list by The National Trial Lawyers.
After graduating from Lawrence University in 2003 and earning her bachelor’s degree in political science and government, Ms. Menzel went on to pursue her legal education at the Marquette University Law School and received her Juris Doctor in 2006. The same year she graduated law school, she obtained her license to practice in Wisconsin. She is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
Prior to entering private practice, Ms. Menzel served the better half of five years as an assistant district attorney at the Outagamie County District Attorney’s Office, which gives her extensive insight into how the opposition works and to prepare for any development that may arise. In her free time, she helps educate students about different legal topics and procedures as an adjunct professor at the Fox Valley Technical College, where she has taught for more than a decade.
Ms. Menzel is very involved within her legal community through affiliations with many prominent legal organizations such as the Wisconsin Association of the Criminal Defense Lawyers, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Outagamie County Bar Association, the Winnebago County Bar Association and the Wisconsin Association for Justice.
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- J.D. - 2006
- Lawrence University, Appleton, Wisconsin
- B.A. - 2003
- Major: Government
- Wisconsin, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2006
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Member
- Wisconsin Association for Justice, Board Member
- Winnebago County Bar Association, Member
- Outagamie County Bar Association, Member
Current Employment Position
- Outagamie District Attorney's Office, Assistant District Attorney, 2006 to 2012
- Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers
- Pro Bono Honors Society
Classes & Seminars
- Adjunct Instructor, Fox Valley Technical College
- Legal Update Instructor, Fox Valley Technical College