Supporting You And Your Family During Life’s Transitions
One of the most important decisions you will make regarding your family’s present and future legal health is the hiring of your family law attorney. Family law matters are often very emotional. Your lawyer must seek to provide you the best possible legal advice for your situation and offer practical suggestions for efficient resolution of conflicts while also protecting your interests during times of turmoil.
At Hammett, Bellin & Oswald, LLC, our Appleton divorce and family law attorneys are proud to fight for the rights and interests of clients in Appleton, Neenah and throughout the surrounding communities. We provide powerful advocacy, sound advice and practical legal solutions throughout your family law needs to protect your interests today and in the future. If you need family law guidance, please do not hesitate to call our law firm today to set up a complimentary telephone consultation.
Family Law Services We Offer
Family law covers a wide variety of different legal issues. One of the things that makes family law so challenging is that family-based disputes can be especially emotional and sensitive. If you are involved in a family law case in Appleton, it is imperative that you have a skilled legal representative by your side as early on in the process as possible.
Our attorneys have experience in all aspects of family law, including:
- Divorce – Even if you and your spouse are splitting up on amicable terms, you should still work with an attorney who can ensure that your parental rights and property rights are fully protected and you have what you need to move forward.
- Child custody and visitation – Family law courts will make decisions based on what is best for your children. We will help you seek cooperative solutions to child custody and visitation disputes, but we are also ready to fight aggressively to protect your rights in court.
- Child support – In Wisconsin, custodial parents are sometimes entitled to child support from the noncustodial parent based on each spouse’s income and the financial needs of the child in question.
- Family maintenance/alimony – Both men and women may potentially be able to receive alimony from their former spouse based on the specific circumstances of the case at hand.
- Domestic violence and child neglect – Cases involving domestic violence and child neglect can make divorce cases especially complex. If you were a victim of abuse, it is imperative that you protect your legal rights, physical safety and mental well-being. If you have been falsely accused of domestic violence, you deserve representation.
- Stepparent, related and traditional adoptions –The legal adoption process is deeply complex, and it is full of potential pitfalls. If you are considering adopting a child, you should be represented by an attorney.
- Paternity actions – If you are a father who is attempting to secure and protect your parental rights, we can help. Alternatively, if you are attempting to prove paternity so that you can obtain child support for your children, we can guide you through the legal process.
- Children In Need Of Protection And Services (CHIPS)
- Parental rights actions – Among other things, parents have the right to seek custody, obtain visitation and seek child support. Whether you are seeking to terminate your former partner’s parental rights or you are fighting to protect your own parental rights, our attorneys are ready to assist you.
- Prenuptial agreements/postnuptial agreements – Prior to entering your marriage, you and your partner may wish to sign a prenuptial agreement. Marital couples can also sign a postnuptial agreement.
- Guardianships – A guardianship action is a court decision that makes an adult the official legal guardian of a minor.
No matter what family law challenges you face, it is important to have an attorney by your side who is as compassionate as he or she is skilled. Our attorneys can work with you to prepare necessary documentation and to create solutions that strengthen your family. We will advocate for your interests to create positive solutions in negotiation, and we are willing to protect your rights, your property and your relationship with your children in court if necessary.
Committed To Providing Top-Quality Representation
The divorce and family law practice at Hammett, Bellin & Oswald, LLC, is led by Attorney William (Bill) Hammett. Attorney Hammett devotes all of his professional skills and energies to representing people in family law matters. He is known throughout the Fox Valley legal community for his expertise and presentations to judges and lawyers on family law topics, and has been named to Wisconsin Super Lawyers list and recognized by Law & Politics as one of the top family law attorneys in the state of Wisconsin. Attorney Hammett is also certified as a Guardian ad Litem by the Wisconsin Court System.
Request Your Free Telephone Consultation Today
At Hammett, Bellin & Oswald, LLC, our family law attorneys offer a free initial consultation. Contact our firm online or call 866-720-0009 today to discuss your legal options and determine whether our firm is the right fit for your case.
With offices in Appleton and Neenah, we serve clients throughout the Fox Valley and Northeastern Wisconsin. If you are outside this area but want to work with our experienced attorneys, please call our office to ask about representation or a referral.